23.4.11

March, End of the Semester, and Preparation for the SUMMER :)!

Time to catch up. NOTE: this post is incredibly random so bare with me. It's been a busy semester between family visits, The Lucky Crickets, finals, events, graduation, parties with great friends, and planning for our trip! So here we go.

I know I showed a picture of Trent and I snowboarding but I though I could show some more including Trent's first time skiing!

Like Trent's one-zy? Hehe.

Goofy

Sister love (go to her site)

After such a great time spent in Park City, Trent and I got into the March Madness as the BYU team made it into the top 16 with the infamous Jimmer Fredette.

Watching the game with our friends Matt and Mari (on the right of us)

On one of the weekends in March I was able to help host a bachelorette party for my dear friend Kelsey. She and I have been close since middle school and have known each other for even longer. I'm so incredibly happy she has found her soulmate! Though I wasn't able to go to her wedding, I was happy and honored to join in the festivities somehow!

Silly Kelsey...


A development in Provo, The Riverwoods, has just been remodeled. In celebration, they hosted a music concert right before finals with special guests Sugar Ray. It was so fun to see a band from my childhood.

At the concert with bandmate and best friend Brandon

with my BESTEST best friend

such a cutie


We finally finished buying all our essentials for our Europe trip. Thanks so much for everyone's comments and e-mails with recommendations on what to buy, where to go, etc! We truly appreciate your help.

On one Saturday morning, Trent and I drove to the Salt Lake City REI for their seasonal garage sale. We feasted in the springtime deal finding barely used gear for our trip and saved hundreds of dollars doing so! When we came back home, Trent HAD TO play with all our new gadgets. Here he is figuring our our fleece sleeping liner that we'll use as sheets to avoid the dirty ones at any Bed and Breakfast we stay at.
silly Twent

Finals were particularly easy for Trent and I this semester as we both had lots of papers, projects, and presentations instead of exams. We were extremely grateful for this because at the beginning of finals my dad got double-knee-replacement surgery. Trent and I were able to be there in his hospital room the moment he woke up from surgery. I'm please to say he is doing exceptionally well; so well that the nurses in his rehab hospital nurses nicknamed him "Houdini."

his first walk less than a day after surgery!

he's now walking with only one crutch (that he throws up in the air sometime). My dad's a superman! I look up to him so much!

Two days ago Trent graduated. This is the first of many graduations to come for him and me. He's continuing on to grad school in manufacture engineering in the fall. We should both graduate at the same time in 2012 :) Then who knows were we go next...


Trent's parents, Sandy and Richard, treated us and my mom to La Jolla Grove (also at the Riverwoods). It was so delicious. Thanks a bunch for a fantastic day!

Of course, since this summer we will travel Europe and work in Tulsa, we have to say our goodbyes to our friends. We'll miss them but always look forward to making new ones along the way.

Saying goodbye to Nara, Trent's Korean roommate for 2 years, and Brett

Having fun and saying goodbye to Andy and his beard.

HAHA!

Please keep my blog in your bookmarks for the next five weeks. Trent and I will TRY to update it as much as possible while traveling through eight countries. Until then, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment