9.7.13

Ahh!, Acuna, & Austin

Let's get the bugs over with...
LEFT: One day, Zeus had a winking eye and we were nervous about it. Then we found the dead scorpion and we were pretty sure he got stung in the eye while killing the nasty bugger. RIGHT: Saturday I opened the front porch to find this special friend trying to get in out house. 

A few weeks ago, Trent's work buddies threw a BBQ celebrating a bunch of birthdays (but actually they just wanted an excuse to throw a party). We went to a  family ranch in Acuna and had such a great time. I really don't get why people in Del Rio don't visit Acuna more. Everyone's so fun and friendly. 

everyone was cheering for him while doing the
monkey bars...I guess it was pretty impressive?

cute kids playing soccer in the empty pool

Trent shaking a leg (is that a phrase people use?)

the whole group. And I'm the only one that didn't hear "say 'queso'"
The Denison's, a family from our church ward in college, moved to Austin after graduation and we always knew we'd have to visit them because we love them and we LOVE AUSTIN. 

Since Trent and I have been to Austin before, I wanted to find a new and interesting way to revisit it. I found Urban Adventure Quest which is kind of like a miniature amazing race through the city: finding clues in city sculptures and paintings and really getting to know the downtown in a new and unique way. We all loved it (even though we had to quit halfway through because we were going to die of sun stroke).Trent and I finished it the following day. I definitely want to do it again in a different city.  



Squirrel Whisperer


We went to the famous Continental Club to watch Grammy award winner, Redd Volkaert, and his rockin' Texas swing band play. It was the most amazing place I'd ever been to. Tons of people were dancing the two step and it wasn't even dark outside (and I'm proud to say we joined them)! The ambiance is one I'll never forget. I was so happy I cried!

found some cute graffiti on the side of  Joe's cafe
ate at Home Slice that night. Tres yummy.
At sunset, we went to the Congress Bridge over Lady Bird Lake to watch bats fly out from under the bridge. It's the biggest urban colony of bats in the world! Read about it here.

sorry for the crazy filter....just wanted to have the bats punch out of the picture...
We finished the scavenger hunt the following day. It took us to Franks hot dogs, a couple crazy statues, and of course, Lady Bird Lake. 



No comments:

Post a Comment