28.11.09

Catching Up 1 May and June


Summer was great. I went on a study abroad in my College Major, Recreational Management to New Zealand, Australia, and Fiji. It was about 6 weeks and 2 in each country. I'll post pictures and coordinate them with some quotes from my journal.
"Temple was beautiful, missionary couple was so cute, lovely to see how many LDS in NZ"
"Day two, went on a hike of Mt. Manganui, climbed alot of it. Just as we neared the turn of the mountain we saw it. The sunset was beyond words."
The following night was so cold that I slept in the same sleeping bag as Rachel. We zipped our together. Soon enough we were in Cairns, Australia.

"Cairns is beautiful and WARM! I got to drive a little on the left side of the road. Went on a walk through the town...The next day we woke up for our dive boat! We went on the first boat and did two dives. I was super sea sick...had amazing food on our dive boat. [picture] night dive was amazing. We dove with flashlights (or torches) and saw 1 white reef shark and three GIGANTIC turtles!
After the dive boat we went to Daintree Rainforest. "I talked to Trent for the first time! I love him! Realized alot about our relationship today as I read scriptures and patriarchal blessing. I went ziplining. The forest is beautiful. So lush and green but different than washingon because its tropical and brighter."

Went to a petting zoo
These small little ants give you all your vitamin C for the day. Just pop one in!

The first drive through Darwin "apparently fires are normal and even encouraged by rangers because they help the soil to get rich and grow""We went to an aboriginal rock site and looked at all the neat rock art"

My "fantastic cook group: Hillary, Brie, Rachel, Krysten and me." We made delicious delicious curry this night and the next we mad quesadillas. The dairy is UNBELIEVABLE. "there's gotta be somethin in the cows.""got EATEN by mozzies. 45 bits on my forearms alone"

Beautiful sunset in Darwin. after sun games and scavenger hunts through the city.Layover in Fiji. BOUGHT A SHEEPSKIN!!!

Teeny tiny airplane after getting into Nadi. Flew us to Kandavu...where we would spend the remainder of our trip.Big eye in the sky

Sunset in Soso, where we stayed with host family.Serving Kava at the town meeting.

Saying goodbye to my host family. This is where we slept. (comfy mats...yes I bought one)walking through the sludge and into the boats to bring us home!

No comments:

Post a Comment