28.11.09

Catching up 2 July and Aug


July and August were a ton of fun. To be honest it was mostly spent with Trent, mom and dad. We went out to eat at Grappa, Stein's, Zoom, Goldener Hersh, and any other delicious place you could imagine.
Kitty of course stayed by my bedside this whole long time. Nowadays she even follows me into the shower!
Every Thursday there were free concerts in Salt Lake known as the Twilight series. My friend Jesse worked at it so I always made an effort to go to it. Plus it was easier for Trent because he didn't have to drive to Park City that night. On this specific night we were watching The Black Keys. Other performers were Iron and Wine (personal favorite), M. Ward (really great), and Sonic Youth.
My Park City Single's ward is AWESOME IN THE SUMMER TIME. Every family home evening ward members come with such a creative and welcoming attitudes. One time we had a Can Auction where members of the ward offered different services that we would auction with cans for and later donate to the Salt Lake food bank. We raised over 1500 cans! Anyways, me and Trent bought 2 tickets to a Toga murder mystery dinner date. It was SUPER fun.

In August(?) the whole family met together for a little reunion weekend. We spent a lot of time hiking, biking, eating, and playing with the darling kids. One day Sarah came over and took pictures of the whole gang. We had a hard time figuring out what to where and finally came to the decision of red, black and gray.

I love this picture of me and Trent.

I had 3 great friends get married in June and July. My best friend Sarah found her dream boat last October and finally tied the knot with him June 25th. Might I note that me and Trent met 8 months earlier than them and we we're even engaged yet? Anyways, I had the honor of putting on her Bachelorette party a couple days before her wedding. We ate penne (penis) pasta salad and drove to a dance club in Salt Lake where we completed scavenger hunt quests together (lip sync, kiss a bald man's head, get a guys number, put a toilet paper veil on the head). It was a great night.

Finally the day came! Sarah looked absolutely gorgeous. I was there when she came out of the temple. Her reception was at a lovely site. There she provided dinner and had a program with both parents. She had a musical program as well where I sang an acoustic version of Silly Love Song. It was such a wonderful day and I was so happy for her.
My good friend from Hawaii, Brook found her sweet heart in November and was engaged just 3 months later. Again so funny when you compare their story to me and Trent's. I put on a girl's night dinner for her and we surprised her with a surprise plate of sausage...we also bought a red velvet cake for her too. It was SO DELICIOUS.
Brooke's wedding was fantastic too. I was lucky enough to be there when they came out of the temple too! I fortunately found this adorable dress that matched her colors, purple and black. Doesn't she look BEAUTIFUL?!? Brooke asked me to sing in her reception as well. I sang a song both me and Brooke heard for the first time together while in Hawaii that's sweeped the radio station ever since, I'm Yours by Jason Mraz.

Lastly my friend Britt and Chris got married July 25th. They had a fantastic rehearsal dinner program that worked as a more formal function with dinner and a program. We loved the dinner and Chris' backyard was so nice. We had a wonderful time with our friends that night too.

No comments:

Post a Comment