27.3.10

Before the Wedding (in UTAH)

Being engaged was probably one of the best times of a my life. Everyone asking me to tell my love story, asking about plans, telling me I'm beautiful all the time. Talk about a self esteem booster! It's a time where it's ok to be a little conceeded and no one can tell you otherwise. Why? It's YOUR wedding. It's YOUR ring. It's YOUR (parent's) cash; And they've gotta be nice to you for that.

November went by incredibly fast. Trent and my schoolwork load tide us down pretty tight. My band, the Lucky Crickets performed in Fiddle Fest, a folk festival put on by the BYU music department. We really rocked the night. My roommates and I still managed to make time and throw a "kids" party where we watched the never ending story, ate PB&Js (without the crusts) and walked around in our Pajamas. Trent, Jake, Lauren and I when on a double date to play pool. The next night we went to a concert where my two of my friend's bands played. The provo music scene is so fun when you're friends with the bands.

































We went to Nana and Fa's place for Thanksgiving where I helped in make the bean, yam and pies. After eating at there we went to his Aunt Laurel and Uncle Kim for pie! I love thanksgiving. The one day in the American calender where we celebrate through food alone. That, my friends, is certainly something I am thankful for.

December was anything but boring. The first weekend my girlfriends, Sarah, Bridgette, and Rachel threw me a bridal shower at the Balkman's house it was so fun to be with and see old friends from Bellevue, the dorms and college. That next weekend was my Birthday and my girlfriends Lauren and Bridgett threw a bachelorette party. It was so much fun! The girls made me walk around with my newly bought lingerie and we had to accomplish certain "tasks" like get a piggy back ride, practice walking down the isle with a stranger, get a number (Rachel won in that one). Lauren made a fantastic video of the evening for a keepsake.

My band played several shows in December including a fireside at the Provo tabernacle and a mansion party for the film department. We also recorded 6 songs 3 of which were children's songs that I burned onto a CD and gave to my sisters as Christmas presents.











































Finals was a really tough time for me because not only did I have IMPOSSIBLE classes to study for but also was driving to Salt Lake and back almost daily for wedding dress fitting. All I can say is, "it was worth it!" The dress was perfect, modest, and beautiful. I felt so lucky to have such a perfect Demetrios dress.

1 comment:

  1. i was wondering if you would still have the contact info for the Thueson Barn
    if you do can you please email it to me at baby_luv_88_4_u@yahoo.com thanks heidi

    ReplyDelete