28.3.10

The Wedding

Woke up at 7:30. Showered blow-dried hair and put make upon.
8:30 Aunt Darcy gives me a hair-do.
10:30 We arrive at the TEMPLE!
12:30 We were sealed. I don't think anything could compare to the feelings I felt in that magical room. The moment we held hands. The sealer spoke his sweet words and the onlookers wore smiles and tears. All I could think about was the color of Trent's eyes. My hands were really but I couldn't keep my eyes off my soon-to-be husband. He was beautiful and at the moment we were perfect.
1:30 We came out of the temple and the madness began! Pictures with the whole group, bridesmaids, groomsmen, my extended family, move, another whole group, family, Trent's family, bah!!! I don't think I could stop stop smiling...which certainly helped the pictures!








After the picture session, Trent and I drove with my dad to the luncheon in the relief society room of the church. Sandy made some awesome chicken noodle and butternut squash soup. This was the only time the whole day I ate because I just felt so relaxed and relieved. I was married already! When lunch was over Trent, and I took a moment to say our first family prayer. Then it was time for the reception:



We started with a procession. Miranda walked in with Leila (so cute). Did I mention my Bridesmaids made all their dresses?! Then Bishop Galuka gave a message and we exchanged rings. Dinner was then announced and the line seemed like it would go out the doors. I HEARD it was delicious. In the meanwhile, Trent and I visited from table to table. It was so nice to see all my school, church and dance friends there supporting me and my new husband.


We cut our beautiful cake (we finally found a baker one that would make it in a day). After that we engaged in all the traditional festivities like the first dance (You and I by Michael Buble), guarder and bouquet toss (I had the throw the bouquet twice because I, as many of you know, do not have any sort of hand eye coordination) and, of course, the get away (we used rice like I've always secretly thought of, like in Cinderella)!




So a job well done, a event well planned, and a fight definitely won. Being married is the best. Those next two nights we spent in the Westin hotel. It was so so wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment