16.5.10

At Last!


At long last...we have arrived! Houston, Texas: Hot place, cool city. We drove in late last Saturday and are settling in nicely. It is humid no matter what the forecast but we have had ranges from blue skis storm weather. Seattle has nothing on their downpours and thundershowers! We live in the northwest area by Jersey City, are one mile from church, drug and grocery, and are 10 minutes from two different malls. The people have been so friendly and diverse! Most importantly, the food is UNBELIEVABLE. Trent and my taste buds are in heaven. So far we have eaten at Fajita Willies, Rudy's Barbecue, Thai Pepper, and the Chocolate Bar.

It is exciting, new, and beautiful going on this adventure together.

Here are some pictures of our new apartment.






Yesterday, Trent and I met up with some great friends from Provo, Dane and Bridget for a trip to Clear Lake to visit the NASA museum. As we left, we had a T-bone collision with a girl on her cellphone who ran a red light. Her car was a wreck. Fortunately everyone walked out of it just fine. But it certainly was an interesting way to experience downtown for the first time.
Her car


The car we were in. It looked worse from the front. Trent is just fine. I have a stiff neck and a bruised shin.

After the incident, we went to the NASA space museum. It was so neat and interesting! They had many many artifacts from previous missions including the Saturn space rocket! I took multiple pictures and tried to connect them as best I could. It was just too huge to take in one picture! The third picture down was our personal tour guide Phillip (he hired himself to carry us through the museum). I fondly nicknamed him the Texan Astronaut.

So far so good in Texas! We will have more postings soon!





My smart Trent

Trent's first time eating dip 'n dots. He loved it!

That's one big engine!

the top of the gas tank; rockets need 500,000 gallons of gas to get into space!



Attempting to get a picture of the whole thing.

silly picture of our pregnant husbands.


The exhaust pipes.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! What a cool museum too! I know Dane! He worked right next to High School Relations in the Hinckley Bldg...we bonded because he would always talk to his wife Bridget on the phone so I would always have to make sure he wasn't talking to me...how funny! It looks like you two are doing just great out there and NICE apartment...dang!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honeymoon pictures. I especially love your black formal dress and hair that night. You looked gorgeous. I'm so glad that you guys are ok after that accident. That is super scary. And I'm glad you are having a good time in Houston so far. The NASA museum looks sweet. I am jealous. I love you and we miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete