21.1.11

Almost Forgot



1 year. People always say that the first year's the hardest. If that's true, bring on tomorrow! Marrying Trent was the best decision I could have ever made. It's been nothing less than a fantastic adventure. Since marrying him, Trent and I have:
  • Been to 5 countries
  • Visited 6 states
  • Treated ourselves to several weekend trips like 6 Flags in San Antonio, Austin, Park City, and Victoria
  • LIVED in Houston, TX (something I never thought I'd do)
  • Hosted 9 parties
  • Been each other's SCUBA diving buddies
  • Caught one another's colds 3 times
  • Made tons of new married friends
  • And witnessed many of our friends get married too!

I feel so lucky and blessed to have met such as supportive, loving, PATIENT and understanding husband. Lately I've noticed all the noise in my classes about dating life and the drama lugged around with it. I loved dating so much, but I'd choose this life every time. Since being married, I've written 12 new songs. I'd like to give an excerpt of one called "Meet me in the Secrets":

"there's a hole, there's a holiness for time and love,
Deeper than the roots.
It's magical, the way push quickly turns to shove
Words water down and dilute"

Words cannot describe the deep and truly sacred connection I have with Trent. Love is so much more than this earthly state can comprehend and I feel I've just started to learn this thanks to the love of my dear...my love...my Trent.




We're two peas in a pod and couldn't be happier :)




1 comment:

  1. Oh that is so sweet! You wrote that about Trent very eloquently and I am so happy that you LOVE married life! I think it is GREAT too! You 2 are the best and we sure miss you guys and are glad to have Trent as part of the family.

    ReplyDelete